If you wish to escape from your hectic schedule, you need to plan a short weekend trip to nearby hill stations. Hyderabad is a cool, exciting city. It always keeps its residents busy with several cultural attractions and activities to do and visit. You may feel boring to stay in the same city throughout the week, month or year. Why not pack your bags and explore a nearby hill station? Here suggesting 5 hill stations you should visit during your holidays or weekend.
The valleys, rocks and hills give you a real different experience. Wayanad is best for exceptional adventure trips. Forests and mountains intermingle to create numerous trekking routes, outback trails and chances for various adventurous sports. It has vast areas yet unexplored. It is truly an adventurous spot waiting to be explored.
Things to do in Wayanad:
• Hiking, sightseeing and trekking
• Some of the best places for sightseeing are Kuruvadweep, Banasura Sagar Dam and Edakkal Caves.
• Meenmutty waterfalls are the largest and popular three-tier waterfalls in Wayanad.
• Chembara peak is the highest peak in Kerala. If you are passionate trekker, you can start to trek and enjoy an exhilarating experience.
Chikmagalur is a favorite destination for coffee lovers. Though your weakness is not coffee, still the lush green city will be your favorite destination. It is the best spot when you want to relax or take a break from your busy life. The fresh oxygen filled air is a haven for everyone. It is just 700 kilometers from Hyderabad.
Things to do in Chikmagalur:
• Baba Budangiri is the highest peak in Karnataka and Chikmagalur houses this peak.
• You can find numerous nature gems like Kalathgiri Falls, Z Point, Baba Budangiri and Hebbe Falls. Baba Budangiri is a religious place for both Muslims and Hindus.
• Kemmanagundi trekking
• Narasimha Parvatha trek
• Kundremukh trek
• Bhadra wildlife sanctuary, Kundremukh, Sringeri and Kemmanagundi are some popular local attractions.
Ooty is situated at a height of 2240 metros. It is in the Western Ghats. The headquarters of Nilgiri District is Ooty. It is the spot where two mountains range encounter. Tourist called Udhagamandalam as Ooty. It is said to be the queen of mountain ranges.
Things to do in Ooty:
• Ensure to visit government botanical gardens.
• Some popular places near Ooty are Kandal Cross Shine (close to railway station), Kalhatty Falls and Doddabetta.
• Nagarjuna Sagar
• Visit popular Kal banaga’s stone house.
Dandeli is famous for river rafting. It is the best place to enjoy adventurous activities like bird watching, trekking and others. It is the popular tourist spot as it is located close to Hyderabad and Bangalore.
Things to do in Dandeli:
• Visit the Syntheri rocks, Ulvi temple and Kavala caves.
• You can visit Dandeli wildlife sanctuary so that you can watch crocodiles, wild dogs, deer, elephants, tigers, Malabar giant squirrels and black panthers in their natural environment.
• Trekking, water sports and white water rafting
It is situated in the Eastern Ghats. It looks awe stirring with dense forest and rocky terrain that cover the hills. It is simple to reach Nallamala Hills via trains, night buses and road.
Things to do in Nallamala Hills:
• One of the major attractions of this region is the Srisailam Dam
• Mahanandi Temple, Ahobilam Navanarasimha Temple and Sri Sailam Lord Shiva Temple are most visited pilgrim spots in Nallamala Hills.
• Mallela Tirtham Waterfalls and Nemaligundam are considered to be sacred pool of Nallamala Hills. The oldest man-made lake is Lake of Cumbum. It is said to be established in the 15th century.
• Several parts of this hill remain unexplored. You can see tribal settlements in the interiors of hilly region.
Hope, you have got an idea about some of Hyderabad’s nearby hill stations. Share your comments if you have visited any other weekend destinations.
Visiit Travel Company arranges honeymoon tour, family getaway and corporate tour for a reasonable price. If you are looking to purchase or book domestic or international travel packages, ensure to click www.visiit.com.