Dubai Nightlife – How to make the most of your nights in Dubai
In the past few decades, the city of Dubai has grown exponentially and has garnered the reputation of being a world class destination for travelers from around the world. As soon as the sun sets, new colors of the city emerge. A trip here is not complete if you have not experienced the city of Dubai at night. Contrary to its conservative image this city holds, there are a plethora of places to experience nightlife in Dubai. From swanky clubs and bars, cultural offerings to night time city sightseeing, there is something for every kind of traveler.
1. Head to the Happening Bars and Clubs in Dubai:
There is no dearth of places for partying and enjoying a couple of drinks in Dubai. Most bars and clubs are part of large hotels since mostly they have the liquor license which permits them to serve alcohol on their premises.
Partying and clubbing come at a price in Dubai. There was a time when entry to clubs in Dubai was free, but in recent years as there has been a huge increase in the number of partygoers, clubbing enthusiasts have to part with a minimum of 200 AED to be allowed into a club; it gets exorbitantly pricey in the swankier clubs. However, on Tuesdays many clubs host ladies night out where ladies can enjoy free entry to the clubs; some even offer free drinks.
There are certain things to keep in mind if you are up for partying in Dubai for a great experience.
- In Dubai, Friday and Saturday are the typical weekends, unlike the Saturday-Sunday weekend that is more common around the world.
- During the holy month of Ramadan, most of the clubs and bars are closed. So, check with the club you plan to visit if you are in Dubai during this period.
- The legal age for drinking in Dubai is 21. Locals need a license in order to have booze. Tourists are generally not asked for an ID, but it is always advisable to carry your passport with you.
- Some clubs have strict dressing rules and will not allow anyone dressed casually. Even though modern dressing is frowned upon in public places, it is absolutely okay to dress up in minis when going to the clubs. Generally, ladies are expected to wear gowns and heels and men should be dressed in shirt and trousers.
- Drink and drive is a huge no-no in Dubai; those you who do not conform to this rule can land up in jail. If you plan to enjoy a couple of drinks, make sure that you book a cab for going back to your hotel.
- After 10 pm, you will find the clubs gradually filling up and it closes by 3.00 am. However, serving alcohol is permitted till 1.00 am only.
Wondering where to head for your night out in Dubai, you will be actually spoilt for choices if budget is not a constraint. Bar 44, The Tree House, The Irish Village, the Rooftop, People by Crystal, Cavalli club, The Act, Billionaire Mansion, Armani Prive and the White Dubai are some of the popular places. Here are some more places that we would recommend as they are also great in their own right.
Club 360 (Jumeirah Beach Hotel):
There are only a few places in Dubai that can match the popularity of Club 360. It is a circular venue that boasts of amazing views of the sea and the grand Burj-al-Arab.
This place is frequented by the rich and the sophisticated partygoers of Dubai. During winter months, most Thursdays and Fridays, international DJs set the music scene here. If you head here, be sure that you dress up the best way you can.
Barasti (Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort):
With scenic views of the sea and the impressive Dubai’s skyline, Barasti has two levels of party places.
In the ground level, the live band sets a musical atmosphere with old classics for a laid back ambiance and the lower ground is for those who love groovy, energetic beats so that they can dance your heart out. Whether you want to party bare feet on the sands or with your flip-flops or with your high heels on, it’s totally up to you.
The word Bahri literally translates to ‘views of the sea’ and this bar perfectly lives up to its name.
With some great views of the waterways and the Arabian Sea, chic Arabian and wooden interiors, this is an awesome place to have a great evening. Dance on some groovy beats and sip on some refreshing cocktails.
If clubs, bars and partying not your kind of thing, here are some of the things to indulge in Dubai at night:
2. Take a Night City Sightseeing Tour:
As the sun set down, the city of Dubai comes to life with an explosion of lights and colors. The experience of exploring the city at night is totally different and well worth your time. There are many night time sightseeing bus tours that ply across the city. Typically, these tours cover all the important landmarks of the city with a local city tour guide. Brace yourself for the experience of a lifetime as you gaze at the glittering lights of downtown Dubai. You will also love the experience of taking a stroll around Madinat Jumeirah. The other attractions of the night tour include Dubai Marina Walk, the famed Burj Khalifa and the spectacular Dubai Fountain show at the Burj Lake.
3. Soak in the beauty of Dubai from the top of Burj Khalifa:
Dubai boasts of having the tallest building in the world – Burj Khalifa (with 163 floors) and the views from its observation deck at the 148th floor at night is surely a sight you must not miss.
With the glittering lights, it doesn’t look anything less than a scene from a futuristic sci-fi movie. It is one of those experiences you won’t get anywhere else.
4. Over Night Safari:
One of the best ways to experience the deserts of Dubai is by spending a night in the desert. Yes, we are talking about an overnight safari experience. Starry night, festive ambience, Arabian music, belly dancing, scrumptious food, camel rides, dunes bashing, shisha smoke – all set the stage for a grand night on the desert. Sleeping in your own personal tent in the middle of a desert is also an unforgettable experience in itself.